With aquatic physical therapy or “aquatic therapy”, your rehabilitation program is conducted in our safe, clean and comfortable warm water environment. Our programs are custom designed for each patient. No more pain with every step, fear of falling, or apprehension with exercise.
Conditions we have successfully treated:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Chronic Pain
- Joint Injuries
- Failed Back Surgery
- Balance Dysfunction
- Post-surgical Rehabilitation
What are my treatment options?
- Aquatic Therapy
- Epidural Injections
Advantages of Physical Therapy:
- Minimal Pain
- No Side Effects
- Soothing Warmth
- Gentle Resistance
- Facilitates Circulation
- Supported by Clinical Research
The Unique Advantages of Aquatic Therapy:
- Buoyancy – floating in the water allows you to exercise with up to 90 percent of body weight removed. This dramatically decreases painful joint compressive forces and fear of falling.
- Temperature – the warmth of the water results in relaxation and pain reduction by inhibiting pain pathways.
- Turbulence – this property is the ever changing flow of the water which imparts safe and gentle forces on the body to help improve your balance and core stability.
- Viscosity – this is the “thickness” of water which allows for gentle and progressive resistance to aquatic exercise.
- Hydrostatic Pressure – the pressure exerted on your body when it is submerged in the aquatic environment. This pressure can assist with the return of blood to your heart from your legs while exercising.
- Attention Athletes: aquatic therapy offers a safe environment to maintain muscle tone and aerobic fitness and helps you return to sports quicker.