Physical therapists (PTs) are experts in the art and science of the evaluation and treatment of human movement dysfunctions. We care for people of all ages and treat a variety of muscle, joint and neurological conditions.
Conditions we have successfully treated:
- Acute Pain
- Chronic Pain
- Arthritis (spondylosis)
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated, Ruptured Disc
- Pinched Nerves (radiculopathy)
- Post Surgical Laminectomy/Fusion
What are my treatment options?
- Epidural Injections
- Physical Therapy*
Advantages of Physical Therapy:
- No side effects.
- Supported by clinical research*
- Customized to treat the underlying cause.
Your Recovery Process:
- Pain Relief
- Recovery of Lost Trunk Motion
- Progressive Trunk Stabilization
- Progressive Recovery & Retraining
- Independent Care
Components of Your Care:
- A thorough biomechanical evaluation.
- Extensive patient education.
- A customized treatment plan.
- Gentle hands-on techniques to relax the muscles.
- Repeated movements to centralize pain.
- Effective joint mobilization techniques to decrease pain & stiffness.
- Pain-relieving modalities such as ice, heat, ultrasound or electrical stimulation.
- Dynamic or static pelvic traction.
- Targeted stretching for tight muscles.
Everyone is different. You may require one or two visits, or an extended care plan over several weeks or months. If you’re ready for relief, and tired of “masking” your pain, treat the cause, not just the symptoms!
* Physical therapy techniques have been proven effective for both acute and chronic back pain. Annals of Internal Medicine, Vol 141 (12), 2004 and Vol 142 (5), 2005.